Our business development team focuses on generating pipelines for the organization. The Director of Business Development is responsible for managing accounts and nurturing relationships in an assigned territory. The Director is also responsible for facilitating secondary market loan trades between buyers and sellers.
- Source new loan traders within financial institutions (banks, credit unions, mortgage companies, and other non-bank lenders) on an ongoing basis.
- Prospect into C level company executives to build potential client relationships.
- Schedule sales appointments & calls.
- Qualify prospects and opportunities to ensure they fit within LendTrade’s business model.
- Uncover client objectives and assist in developing strategies to accomplish their objectives.
- Travel to visit clients at their offices or at industry tradeshows.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to successfully address and resolve any issues both internally and externally.
- Assist Managing Director with Identifying compatible partners for various opportunities.
- Assist Managing Director with facilitating loan purchase and sale transactions.
- Follow LendTrade sales processes using Outreach, Salesforce and other sales enablement tools.
- Update Outreach and/or Salesforce.com to capture key information learned from each customer interaction.
- Track and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Live LendTrade’s core values.
Education and/or Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university program certificate preferred; and/or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in consumer lending, mortgage lending, secondary marketing or whole loan trading, strongly preferred.
- History of success in regard to prospecting via cold calls.
- Experience in a B2B/SDR role
- Previous sales training
- Knowledge of Salesforce or Outreach
- A proven track record of achieving measurable goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven personality
- The ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management and prioritizing abilities
- Engaging relationship builder
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- This position requires the ability to travel 20-40% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, CRM software, Outreach software, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word software and Microsoft PowerPoint.